GDPR Compliance Centre
Welcome to the FEI Foods Ltd GDPR Compliance Centre. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensure the secure handling of personal data. In this section, you will find comprehensive information on how we adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation and our own Data Protection & GDPR Policy.
FEI Foods Limited (referred to in this notice as “us”, “we” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We comply with all aspects of the UK’s data protection legislative framework, which includes the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
In the course of running our business, we gather the business contact information of our customers and suppliers. Although this is business contact information, we recognise that this nevertheless constitutes personal data. We have therefore developed this privacy notice in order to be as transparent as possible about the personal information we collect and use.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about:
- the personal information that we collect and use
- the lawful bases we rely on to collect and use it
- why we collect and use personal information
- where we get the personal information from
- with whom we share personal information
- when we transfer personal information outside the EEA
- how long we keep information and how we ensure it is secure; and
- your privacy rights
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This privacy notice does not apply to our current or former employees, or to people who apply to work for us. If you are interested in working for us please read the privacy notice that applies to you [here].
FEI Foods Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of FEI Foods Limited. FEI Foods Limited is part of the Marbour Group. Information is shared between the companies within the Group. We are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under the GDPR.
Categories of Personal Information that we hold
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The personal information that we collect includes:
- identity data such as your name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender
- contact data including your address, employer’s address, email addresses and telephone numbers
- financial data including bank account and payment card details
- transaction data including details about payments to and from you
- profile data such as the products you have purchased or made enquiries about
- technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website together with information about how you use our website and other digital channels
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Sources of Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Directly when correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, create an account on our website, subscribe to our newsletters, enter a competition, or complete a survey or give us some feedback
- We also generate person information about you when we record your engagement with us and we may supplement information about you with information from publicly available sources.
The lawful basis for processing personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
|Performance of a contract
|This applies where we need to collect and use your personal information in order to takes steps to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you
|This applies where we need to collect and use your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements
|We may collect and use your personal information to further our legitimate business interests. We only do this where we are satisfied that your privacy rights are protected satisfactorily. You have a right to object to any processing of your personal information based on this legal basis (see below)
|Generally we do not need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, but where we do, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time
Certain types of personal information are in a special category under data protection laws, as they are considered to be more sensitive. Examples of this type of data include information about health, race, religious beliefs, political views, trade union membership, sex life or sexuality and genetic/biometric information.
Why do we collect and use personal information?
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes, relying on the specific lawful bases set out in the table below. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To provide goods or services to you or your employer
|To make and manage payments, including collecting payments due to us
|To manage our relationship with you or your employer including dealing with any queries or complaints you may have
|To carry out the day-to-day operations of our businesses efficiently including managing our financial positions, business capability, planning, communications, corporate governance and audit
|To administer and protect this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) and our digital platforms
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Marketing and Promotional Offers
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased good or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Sharing your personal data
We use a number of third party providers to help us run our businesses. Such suppliers may have access to your personal information or we may share or send it to them. This includes:
- suppliers that help maintain our systems or host our data
- other suppliers who provide us with goods, services or who give us professional advice to help us run our businesses such as accountants, lawyers and auditors.
We may also be required to share personal information with regulatory authorities, government agencies such as the Health and Safety Executive and law enforcement agencies. We are accredited by the British Retail Consortium, Organic Soil Association and International Food Standards. We are also audited by our customers.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party data processors to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfers Outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep personal information
Our policy is to not hold personal information for longer than is necessary. We have established data retention timelines for all of the personal information that we hold based on why we need the information. The timelines take into account any statutory or regulatory obligations we have to keep the information, our ability to defend legal claims, our legitimate business interests, best practice and our current technical capabilities. We have developed a Data Retention Policy that captures this information. We delete or destroy personal information securely in accordance with the Data Retention Policy.
We are strongly committed to information security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us including the use of encryption and pseudonymisation.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data which we have. Not all of the rights apply in all circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of the rights, please contact us in the ways detailed below:
- You have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you
- You have the right to ask us to correct any information we hold about you that you think is wrong or incomplete
- You have the right to object to any processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop. There may, however, be legal or other legitimate reasons why we need to keep or use your information. If this is the case, we will consider your request and explain why we cannot comply with it. You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information while we are considering your request.
- You have the right to object if we process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you no longer want to receive communications from us, please contact us. We will stop sending you communications, but will continue to keep a record of you and your request not to hear from us. If we deleted all of your information from our direct marketing databases, we would have no record of the fact that you have asked us not to communicate with you and it is possible that you may start receiving communications from us at some point in the future, if we obtain your details from a different source.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information. This is also known as the right to be forgotten or to erasure. We will not always agree to do this in every case as there may be legal or other legitimate reasons why we need to keep or use your information. If this is the case, we will consider your request and explain why we cannot comply with it. You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information while we are considering your request.
- Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
- You may have a right to obtain the personal information that you have given us in a format that be easily re-used and to ask us to pass this personal information on in the same format to other organisations. Please contact us to find out if this right applies to you.
How to Complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information.
Telephone: +44 (0)1792 312 910
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 01/02/2024. We keep this privacy notice under regular review and may change it from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We would encourage you to check this privacy notice for any changes on a regular basis.